Saturday, September 8, 2012

A Talk With Mom

I typically call my parents on Saturday mornings to see how the week went.  This week, I decided to open up some discussion about finances, and I was quite surprised by how much they didn't know nor cared about their financial situation.  Both of them have had hard times in life, so they're just happy to be alive. I tried to convince them that some financial freedom might help them get out of their situation, but it didn't seem to help.

This is something I'm starting to seriously worry about, because in particular, I'm not convinced that either of them has the capability to live okay financial if something happened to the other one of them.  I'm also not convinced that they know how deep of a financial bind they really are in.

Despite this, they've been extremely supportive in my endeavor to defeat debt, and to start my own consulting business.  I'm very fortunate and happy to have parents that encourage me to do the best I can in life, and don't make me doubt my own ability.

Today's Debt Defeating Accomplishments:


  • Spent $0:  A night with me and Netflix
  • Booked a conference room to hold my first public talk for my business!

No comments:

Post a Comment