Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Talk

Today I sent a friend of mine a link to this blog, and she found it interesting how candid I was being about my debts.  Interestingly enough, she then admitted to me that she had a few thousand dollars of debt after graduate school, having come in with a considerable chunk of savings.  She had not shared this debt admission to anyone, not even her long term boyfriend, and felt quite shameful of even having it.

It's interesting how we confess so much to our friends and loved ones about our deepest emotions, our most profound fears, our dreams, and extremely secret details about our lives, but that we rarely share our emotions about our financial state.  Heck, it was even extremely difficult for me to build up the confidence to post my financial information freely!  But one of the huge benefits of doing this is accountability for my goal to get out of debt ASAP.


Today's Debt Defeating Accomplishments:

  • 2 Books sold on www.amazon.com ($68.92 - shipping).
  • Ordered business cards for consulting business.

No comments:

Post a Comment