Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Little Engine....

Today I had a friend over for dinner, and we eventually got to a discussion about student debt.  He's in quite a different situation than I am, facing $90,000 of student debt.

DANG!!

Anyway, I told him about my plan to get rid of debt as quick as possible, and he was extremely supportive.  It helped a lot in pushing me toward my goal of getting this debt OUT asap.  

One of the trickiest things I've found with all this is having friends who support your endeavor.  I think many of them are not interested in making such deep sacrifices that compromise lifestyle, but in the end this is the path I find most comfortable for me.  Surrounding myself with great motivating people is just what I need.

By the way, I made Shepherd's pie for dinner with leftover ground beef I made for tacos the night before.  So the excellent company, great dinner and enjoyable evening cost me 3 potatoes.  What a great alternative to eating out!

No comments:

Post a Comment