Wednesday, August 22, 2012

First Ebay Experience!

Today I spent my post-work time trying to think of clever ways to make some extra money.  Two natural things came to mind:  Getting rid of stuff, and get a part-time job!  I spoke to a friend who has a  contact to a part-time job I would enjoy phenomenally, so let's hope that works out.  That leaves getting rid of stuff.

My first thought was to get rid of books that I haven't touched in over two years.  No use having them laying around, especially ones that I have in .pdf form (legally).  What other way to get rid of books then to sell them online!  Well, I've never done this before, but my momentum from selling my car on craigslist gave me the drive to try my first post as a seller on ebay.

Let me tell you something.  I know nothing about ebay at all.  I've bought one item on it, and as I mentioned above, I've never sold one.  Despite this, my fears, and my hesitations, I went in head first and posted my item for sale.  I've had 8 visitors to my selling post (unfortunately no bids), but I feel the excitement already.  There's certainly something to be said about ignoring fears in order to achieve goals.

Well, we shall see how it goes!  Stay tuned to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment