Thursday, August 30, 2012

Cut the Crap!

I'm working on my monthly budget for September, and it's looking good.  At first, I had a few line items that looked something like this:

Groceries  $250

Restaurants $80

Alcohol @ Bars $100


Upon reflection I thought "Wow.....really?  That much on alcohol????"  So guess what I did folks?


Groceries+Restaurants $250

Alcohol @ Bars $0


That's right.  No bar hopping for me in September.  This is fine actually.  I'm lucky enough that there are fun social events through work for younger employees that offer alcohol.  Moreover, notice this is alcohol @ bars that I'm cutting out.  This will just encourage me to host friends over to drink instead, which really makes for a more intimate environment.

By the way, GOT THE PART TIME JOB!!


Today's Debt Defeating Accomplishments:

  • Cutting alcohol @ bars from September budget
  • Landing a part-time job

No comments:

Post a Comment