Sunday, November 18, 2012

Disciplined Weekend

My budget allows me $160 for entertainment for the month. This includes going out with friends to bars, going to social events, and eating out.  Typically I spend about $20-$40 on Sunday afternoons as a way to relax with some buds at various areas around town.

Instead, yesterday I tailgated a football game with a bunch of friends.  This was my first time tailgating.  What fun!  And expenditures?  Let's take a look:

Mango juice - $4
Champagne - $8
Tortilla Shells - $6
Cups - $4
Parking - $10
Two beers at nearby bar - $12

I spent about $42 on Saturday by 3:30pm.  For some of you that may seem like pennies in your weekend spending, but for this guy who is trying to clear his debt AS SOON AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE, this is quite a general waste, and over 1/4 of the month's entertainment budget.  However, this is quite okay overall.  I have a budget set for Thanksgiving and I generally don't use my entertainment funds at all on weekdays, so I shouldn't be dipping into the fund at all until the last weekend of November.

Today's Debt Defeating Accomplishments:

  • Deposited monthly part-time job earnings to go toward debt!
  • Cooking for Mon-Wed.

No comments:

Post a Comment